I downloaded the files that Ayre made from vinyl LPs to both DSD and PCM. I played them in my studio and they both sounded great! I haven’t had a chance to do any real analysis [...]
The original DVD format was introduced in the U.S. in the spring of 1997. The DVD-Audio format came out a few years later in 2000 with a new audio encoding scheme that was capable of delivering [...]
Your email address will NEVER be passed along to any third party. You can write to me and I will remove you immediately.
RECENT POSTS FROM DR. AIX
November 18th, 2019
The HD-Audio Challenge II has launched. Over 250 audio enthusiasts have already signed up and more are signing up everyday. Please feel free to encourage others to participate in this new researc[...]
November 13th, 2019
My timing was pretty much right on. As the east coast gets hammered by frigid air and winter's first snowfall, I was winging my way back to Los Angeles last Monday morning. I spent 10 days participat[...]
- HD-Audio Challenge II: Listening Approaches (5)
- Dave g: Schiit stuff is very good, and good value.But I looked up the spec sheet for the DAC chip they use in the...
- Admin: This is very interesting as the Schitt equipment is highly regarded in audiophile circles. I would have to do...
- david g: In your text, you caution the listener to make sure they are not experiebncing any system-induced...
- Nonsense, Trolling, and Personal Attacks (31)
- John Deas: Hello David, I have purchased downloads from Qobus and I am very happy with them. Can I just take this...
- David Solomon: Thank you, Mark. Id like to have a real conversation and truly clear the air. Had I used even a small...
- Admin: David, thanks for taking the opportunity to reach out to me. While I don’t accept that I have posted...
January 22, 2016
September 02, 2015
April 29, 2015
February 18, 2015
January 29, 2016
November 27, 2019
November 22, 2019
November 18, 2019
November 13, 2019
October 29, 2019