October 17th, 2019
An old idiom states, “a chain is only as strong as its weakest link”. As audiophiles, we are constantly striving to improve the fidelity of our playback systems by identifying the weakest links in our systems [...]
Your email address will NEVER be passed along to any third party. You can write to me and I will remove you immediately.
RECENT POSTS FROM DR. AIX
November 18th, 2019
The HD-Audio Challenge II has launched. Over 250 audio enthusiasts have already signed up and more are signing up everyday. Please feel free to encourage others to participate in this new researc[...]
November 13th, 2019
My timing was pretty much right on. As the east coast gets hammered by frigid air and winter's first snowfall, I was winging my way back to Los Angeles last Monday morning. I spent 10 days participat[...]
- Listening to Dynamic Music – HD-Audio Challenge II (2)
- Apple Digital Masters: More Hi-Res Nonsense (7)
- Jeff: I believe iTunes AAC files are now all 256kps, and the are “indistinguishable from 320kps MP3...
- Capitol Audio Fest & NY Audio Show Reports | HD-Audio Challenge Update (6)
- Michal Urban: I started listening to Mark’s samples and I can say it’s going to be really hard. Very...
- Michal Urban: Even when I add up my speaker and headphone systems, I’m far from $5k. It’s not hard to...
- Admin: Actually, I have a very basic setup as well. Using my iPad, VOX, the Benchmark DAC3B and headphone/preamp...
January 22, 2016
September 02, 2015
April 29, 2015
February 18, 2015
January 29, 2016
November 18, 2019
November 13, 2019
October 29, 2019
October 28, 2019
October 25, 2019